I would love to hire you for some work if you are ever interested in that! Great work on this! Email me firstname.lastname@example.org
Kart Racer '86
A downloadable game
A kart racer for the NES built in the style of Super Mario Kart. Made for the NESDev Compo 2022.
This game is a work in progress, with several features not implemented yet to make a full kart racing game:
- CPU opponents or multiplayer
- Power-ups / collectibles
- Multiple levels
The game currently features "Mode 7"-lite graphics on the NES, a driveable track, and wall-based obstacles. Expect some graphical glitches and imprecise collision detection.
The final ROM will target the GNROM mapper; so instead of releasing Gumshoe in the US and Japan, picture if the first NES kart racing game had been released in 1986 instead.
Controls: Left and right to rotate, B to accelerate.
Requirements: Works on my NES (tested with a Everdrive), and the FCEUX and Mesen emulators. Certain emulators may have issues with using DMC IRQs for rendering.
- 2022-10-31 (cfcb276) — Adds sprites that animate with NES controls.
- 2022-10-31 (aa9d5fd) — Added a scrolling title screen and wall collision.
- 2022-10-28 (8d96be2) — Updated to use the Action 53 mapper. Adds a basic title screen for a "Time Trial" mode (not yet implemented).
- 2022-10-26 (879cbea) — Initial upload (temporarily using Mapper 34). Features a playable track, different terrain speeds, but no collision detection yet. Graphical glitches on the horizon and out-of-bounds.